Experienced Product Manager
Yousician is the fastest growing music education company in the world; about 40 million people experienced our products. Our mission is to make music education accessible for everyone by changing the way people learn to play musical instruments.
We are now looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead the development and deployment of the world's leading music education service that teaches the elements of music. In this challenging role, you will be working with music theory specialists, game designers and developers to produce games that teach our users how to recognise notes, chords, rhythm and melodies and make their own music. Your main responsibility will be to translate the user needs and market opportunities into a compelling product vision and roadmap and to develop the music education service that will turn one of the most "intimidating" areas of music into the most exciting and engaging one!
Above all, you'll have a unique opportunity to profoundly impact the lives of hundreds of millions of future musicians worldwide and re-image the way music education works.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- You will be responsible for creating compelling product vision and roadmap for our world-class music education service with the help of music teachers and game designers
- You will be the heart, mind and voice of our users; your job is to understand our customers and how they use our product to learn basic elements of music and music theory in a fun and engaging way
- You will be responsible for user engagement, educational and financial metrics
- You'll recognize market and product opportunities
- It will be your task to meet product targets by prioritizing, evaluating, executing and following up on implementation schedule
- You'll facilitate cross-functional teamwork and communicate all around with your own team, management, UX, marketing, other team leads and Chief Architect
WHO YOU ARE:
- 5+ years of experience in product management with successful track record of published software product (preferably B2C & mobile apps)
- Able to get hands dirty to understand customers and user behaviour
- You are practical visionaire with analytical thinking who is able to bring product vision into reality
- You are comfortable with numbers, and enjoy data informed decision-making; experience in data analysis tools is an advantage
- Able to communicate well in cross-functional teams and lead people along a product journey
- You have passion for music, but it doesn't matter whether you have professional music instrument skills or not; however knowledge of music and music theory would be a great asset
- You are interested in technology and technology products (e.g. gadgets, gaming) and have love for casual games (mobile games)
- Background in software development, teaching, gaming or marketing is an asset
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Chance to work in a key role in developing the world's leading music education service
- Opportunity to profoundly impact the lives of millions of future musicians worldwide
- Work with world class professionals with can-do attitude in a successful high-growth startup
- Competitive compensation package (salary, stock options, crazy perks)
- Cool penthouse office in the heart of Helsinki (#2 Europe's most liveable city)
YOUSICIAN WAY OF WORKING:
- We follow the Lean Startup approach rather closely, you should be familiar with it and enjoy working in an experimental environment that is data-informed and result-driven
- We work in small, efficient teams where everyone takes strong ownership for his/her project parts (with a lot of freedom comes a lot of responsibility)
- We are a group of proactive people with a can-do attitude
- We want Yousician to be the best place in the world to work at, and put a lot of effort in creating a creative, motivating and fun working environment: https://www.facebook.com/yousicianbackstage/. This starts with our great team, but also includes daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions, poker tournaments and sauna evenings, or our famous Greece and Thailand work-retreats: https://youtu.be/I_apUxNakjM
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send your application and CV in English via https://yousician.workable.com/j/D3C7707D94
- Please indicate in your application: 1. Whether you play a musical instrument; 2. What level in Yousician you are; 3. A project you are most proud of.
- Let's make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele :-)
Yousician is the fastest growing music education company in the world; about 40 million people experienced our products. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech guitar, piano and ukulele learning software (web and mobile app) that gives users real-time feedback on how they play. Yousician combines the addictive features of computer games with music exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.
Yousician also develops the world's #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED's hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times 'World's best apps' or Best European Learning Game. Yousician believes that musicality can and should be as common as literacy today, and it is the company's declared mission to achieve this.
Osoite: Eerikinkatu 28, 00180 HELSINKI
Hyvässä työpaikassa työnantajan tiedot ovat kunnossa. Duunitori tekee yhteistyötä Zeckitin kanssa, jotta voimme näyttää uusimmat tiedot yrityksestä (lisätietoa):
Tämä työpaikka, Experienced Product Manager, on ilmoitettu mol -palvelussa 22.09.2016 ja sen on julkaissut Yousician Oy. Kyseessä on kokoaikatyö. Ilmoituksen hakuaika umpeutuu 30.10.2016. Työpaikka sijaitsee paikkakunnalla Helsinki , osoitteessa Eerikinkatu 28, 00180 HELSINKI . Ilmoituksen jättäneellä työnantajalla on tällä hetkellä avoimia työpaikkoja Duunitorilla yhteensä 5 kappaletta .
Duunitorilla tavoitat työnhakijat tehokkaalla työpaikkailmoituksella ja houkuttelevalla employer brandingilla. Eikä siinä vielä kaikki. Jos uusi osaaja on kiven alla, kartoitamme potentiaaliset henkilöt suorahaun keinoin.Jätä ilmoitus Lue lisää