Neste Jacobs is a reliable and development committed employer. We have 60 years of inside-the-fence experience of innovating, designing, engineering, constructing, starting up, operating, optimizing and maintaining the world’s most competitive industrial plants. We have expanded our client portfolio as well as product offerings steadily over the past years and are enjoying a strong financial stability for a number of years now. We have over 100 construction sites currently in our construction management portfolio and are now looking for Team Manager, Construction Management
This is a unique opportunity open in the Construction Management team for a managerial role, that is a great development opportunity for the right candidate. The hired person will be 'second in command' and 'the right hand man' for our Head of Construction Management. This is an ideal career opportunity for someone with the required competencies who wants to develop his/her career in a company that is constantly growing but has a long history of executing leading projects internationally and at our home turf, Finland.
Main tasks include working and deputising for the Head of Construction Management, project planning, site visits and development of the work processes, we look for innovative approach to work processes and solid project management skills. We are growing and are constantly securing new contracts at our home market in Nordic but also internationally. With the long-term, steady financial success we are able to invest in development and career progression and have multiple exciting learning opportunities to get involved in. This is a demanding role, but one that gives a strong learning path for big career moves in the future. Full safety and security training will be provided to the candidate together with extensive onboarding training.
What are we looking for in an ideal candidate?
- Previous experience of construction site installations as supervisor, construction manager or similar.
- Previous experience in industrial segment, petrochemical is an advantage.
- Technical knowhow and/or common understanding of as many as possible of following disciplines: civil, mechanical, piping, electrification, instrumentation, automation.
- Previous experience of team leading is required. We have a large team of solid professionals, you should bring with you a basic understanding of leadership and supervisory skills.
- Understanding of project work, internationally recognised qualifications in this field are a bonus although this can be included in your development plan at Neste Jacobs.
- Person who is good with people, knows how to motivate and inspire people to get best out of the team is key to success.
- Safety and quality oriented, ability to see the big picture and spot the small defects is needed.
- Fluent English and Finnish are a must due to the mix of our team at the moment, other language skills are a definite advantage.
- This role will be based at our head office in Porvoo, Kilpilahti but ability to travel is required.
This role can be adjusted to the qualifications of the selected candidate, but some main tasks will include:
- Organizing, planning and guiding of Installation Supervisory team and their workload, challenges and successes.
- Ensuring strong cooperation with other disciplines and Construction Management especially engineering and project management.
- Follow-up, control and reporting of the work quality.
- Develop Construction Management operations and participate in Neste Jacobs development projects as representative of Construction Magement.
- Sales support in specific larger scale projects.
- Work as Construction Manager or Installation Supervisor when needed and time allows.
Why join us?
- Unique career development opportunity.
- A stimulating position with diverse challenges and learning platforms.
- An established and steadily growing solution provider. Financially secure.
- A professionally supportive company culture and encouraging colleagues, get to work with the top experts in the field.
- Technologically advanced work with our very high-level portfolio of cutting edge projects, worldwide. They are rewarding!
- Opportunities for working internationally .
Interested? Please apply through our recruitment portal before the 30th of October, however, be quick we will start interviews as soon as possible candidates are identified. Please note that we are unable to accept applicaitons via email.
For more information on this opportunity, call directly to your possible future manager, Timo Kankkunen, Head of Construction Management on Monday 10.10. between 14:00 and 15:00 or on Tuesday the 11.10. between 9:00 and 10:00 +358 050 458 9647.
To be selected for this position you must pass a health examination including a drug test. Security clearance is obtained for the person with their consent.
Neste Jacobs is a preferred solution provider of high-quality technology, engineering and project services for a wide range of industries in the fields of oil and gas, petrochemicals, chemicals, biorefining, biochemicals, biopharma and industrial infrastructure. We have 60 years of experience in technology development and industrial investment projects as well as maintenance and performance improvement in Europe, North and South America, Asia and the Middle East. In addition to our home market Nordic countries we are looking to grow in the global expanding markets. We employ 1300 professionals globally.