Neste Jacobs is a preferred solution provider of high-quality technology, engineering and project services for a wide range of industries in the fields of oil and gas, petrochemicals, chemicals, biorefining, biochemicals, biopharma and industrial infrastructure. We have 60 years of experience in technology development and industrial investment projects as well as maintenance and performance improvement in Europe, North and South America, Asia and the Middle East. In addition to our home market Nordic countries we are looking to grow in the global expanding markets and have offices in Porvoo, Turku, Kotka, Gothenburg, Rotterdam, Abu Dhabi, Singapore and Baku. We employ 1300 professionals globally.
W e are now looking for a petroleum refinery oriented Senior APC Consultant
in our Real Time Optimization team.
The Advanced Process Control Consultant will participate in the development and delivery of NAPCON Technology to improve plant safety, productivity and quality. In practice, the APC consultant will be responsible for the technical execution of advanced process control and dynamic real time optimization implementation projects at our petroleum refinery customers.
Our NAPCON solutions are based on proprietary Dynamic Simulation, Advanced Process Control, Dynamic Real-time Optimization, Real-time Process Calculation, and Industry level ICT products. Global resources, deep know-how and technical skills along with tight collaboration with our clients is how we deliver results. We give you the opportunity to use your specialist competences and expertise on the job - to show excellence in engineering. We offer you an interesting and challenging role in an international and dynamic environment, in a company that is always expanding and seeking new solutions for its clients and other stakeholders. We offer you the opportunity to use and enlarge your expertise, working together with the top experts in the field.
The position will be located in our office either in Porvoo, Turku, Rotterdam or Abu Dhabi
- B.Sc, M.Sc or D.Sc in Process Control or Chemical Engineering, or an equivalent degree
- At least ten years solid professional experience on petroleum refineries. This experience could be e.g. from refinery operations, planning / supply chain management, process engineering or process control
- In-depth understanding of some key refinery processes, such as crude distillation units, FCC, hydro-cracking or catalytic reforming
- Experience on leading a technical project team, implementing and managing the customer requirements, and working in close cooperation with customers.
- Good understanding of advanced process control methods and technologies
- Willingness to travel
- The possibility to relocate internationally is considered an advantage
A successful candidate has excellent communication skills and a positive “can do” attitude.
Why join Neste Jacobs? We believe we have much to offer the right candidate, including:
- A stimulating position with diverse challenges.
- An established and steadily growing solution provider.
- A professionally supportive company culture and encouraging colleagues.
- Technologically advanced work with our very high-level portfolio of cutting edge projects, worldwide.
- Opportunities for working internationally.
- Strong learning and development opportunities.
- Excellent opportunities for career advancement.
Please submit your application no later than October 23rd 2016.For further information, please contact: Pekka Nurmi, Head of Technology and Product Development, tel. +358 50 458 3276 or Samuli Bergman, Manager, Real time optimization, tel. +358 50 458 7532.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. Security clearance is obtained for the person with her/his consent.