Our regional operation in Neste Jacobs Netherlands is growing and we are now looking for a Process Design Engineer to design safe, economically and technologically competitive processes and who is able to challenge conventional thinking and work together to create innovative solutions for our clients.
We offer you interesting and challenging process design tasks in an international and dynamic environment. Global resources, deep know-how and technical skills along with tight collaboration with our clients is how we deliver results. We give you the opportunity to use your specialist skills and expertise on the job to show excellence in engineering. As a Process Design Engineer in our office in Rotterdam you will work closely with both local and remote colleagues in other NJ offices, the headquarters in Porvoo, Finland in particular. Being part of a task force which is responsible for global projects for Neste’s Renewable Products (Portfolio/Business), your focus will be the local projects, which will include field support for the Rotterdam plant. Delivering these services to other clients in the bigger Rotterdam area will be part of your job too. Main responsibilities:
- To provide initial data to disciplines and communicate with client in process technical issues
- To perform technical design and to ensure successful implementation according to defined standards and work methods
- To continuously develop oneself towards Senior Process Design Engineer position
- To proactively collaborate and network with other disciplines, clients, and other external parties
You will report to the Delivery Manager of the Netherlands, but you are expected to work very independently, collaborating closely and networking easily with the project organization in other Neste Jacobs locations as well. Desired Skills and Experience:
- MSc or BSc in Chemical Engineering
- Knowledge of modern modelling and process design tools (e.g Aspen+, Smart Plant PID, AutoCAD P&ID, CFD-modelling)
- Preferably at least 3 years working experience of process design in the fields of renewable fuels, refining, LNG, petrochemicals or chemicals
- Hands-on attitude, thorough at work, team player
- Experience of HSE studies (Hazop, QRA, Fire & Safety etc.) is appreciated
- International working experience and willingness to travel is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills in English (mandatory) and Dutch (strongly preferred), other language skills are considered an advantage
We offer a versatile and challenging position in an international environment in one of the most demanding industrial areas in the world. This is a great opportunity to make a personal contribution to the start-up and further development of our growing company in this region. As a part of our onboarding process at least two introduction/training visits to NJ Head Office in Finland are needed, to learn about the NJ way of working and to network with colleagues.
Please submit your interest through our website with a resume, together with a covering letter and salary expectation by the 31st of October. Interviews will take place in November.
For further information please contact: Pieter van Rijs, Regional Manager, The Netherlands, tel.+06-51331951, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The position will be located in our office in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. About this company
Neste Jacobs is a preferred solution provider of high-quality technology, engineering and project services for a wide range of industries in the fields of oil and gas, petrochemicals, chemicals, biorefining, biochemicals, biopharma and industrial infrastructure. We have 60 years of experience in technology development and industrial investment projects as well as maintenance and performance improvement in Europe, North and South America, Asia and the Middle East. In addition to our home market Nordic countries we are looking to grow in the global expanding markets. We employ 1300 professionals globally.