About Neste Jacobs
Neste Jacobs is unique. We have 60 years of industry-leading experience of innovating, designing, engineering, constructing, starting up, operating, optimizing and maintaining the world's most competitive industrial plants.
Neste Jacobs´ vision is to be the preferred solution provider for hydrocarbon and bio-industries with the mission of delivering Excellence in Engineering. To fulfill our vision and mission we continuously seek out and work to retain leading professionals from around the world. NAPCON Technology
, emerging business unit within Neste Jacobs, is a developer of high tech ICT, process data and advanced process control solutions for heavy industries. As a member of NAPCON team you have an opportunity to build next generation training simulator solutions for plant operators, bring dynamic plant optimization to next level and discover the future of industrial big data and internet-of-things.
Our solutions improve plant safety, energy efficiency and product quality on industrial sites around the globe. We are innovative, agile and ambitious. Are you? Join the rapidly growing team now and be part of NAPCON success story!
http://www.nestejacobs.com/ APPLICATION ENGINEER, Industrial ICT Back-End Developer
We are looking for a Back-End Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of server-side logic, definition and maintenance of databases, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore also appreciated. Responsibilities
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Development of state-of-the-art back-end software for process data, advanced process control and operator training simulator solutions
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Interacting with Control and MES systems with related information protocols
Considered an Advantage
- Knowledge of a back-end programming language C# and .NET or similar e.g. Java
- Experience with SQL databases, including design, maintenance & performance improvement
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Education level B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Hobbyism in programming or contributing to open source projects is considered as valuable as job experience
- OPC UA and automation protocols in general
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Knowledge of distributed computing technologies
- Experience with business intelligence tools usage and implementation
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
The Back-End Developer vacancy is located in Porvoo or Turku. Our Turku office is located conveniently in Turku and NAPCON Technology head office is located at the Kilpilahti refinery in Porvoo ‒ under 30 minutes away from Helsinki by car. Remote work is also possible depending on your preferences.
Notice that Neste Jacobs provides free, fast and flexible bus transportation for our employees from Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa, Porvoo and the surrounding areas to our Porvoo office.
We offer you a challenging role and an international work environment, in a company that is expanding and seeking new solutions for its clients and other stakeholders. We offer you the opportunity to use and enhance your expertise, working together with the top experts in the field.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination that includes a drug test. Security clearance is obtained for the person with their consent.
Submit your application by 23rd of October, 2016. Please attach a Cover Letter and CV to your application.
For further information please contact:
Lauri Haapanen, Manager of Industrial ICT, tel. +358 50 458 0572
Pekka Nurmi, Head of Technology and Product Development, tel. +358 50 458 3276