WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
The Vestas vision is to be the undisputed global wind leader. Since Vestas was established in 1979, it has been solely committed to harvesting the potential wind holds for our planet's energy supply, which has made it the market leader within wind with more than 71 GW installed to date. Vestas intends to continue down the path of 100% dedication to wind, and in order to fulfil its vision they want to have the strongest brand in the industry, best in class margins, to be the market leader measured by volume and bring wind on par with coal and gas.
Would you like to build game changing knowledge about the competitive landscape? Are you looking for a position with the possibility to influence Vestas’ future? Are you motivated by turning technical knowledge into commercial solutions providing value for customers and Vestas? Then take a closer look at this unique opportunity as Product Manager. The Product Market Analysis function
Product Market Analysis is part of Vestas Product Management. The main responsibility of Product Market Analysis is to capture and analyse the dynamics and requirements of the markets including customers and competitors, which form the basis for the product roadmaps. The analytical and modelling capabilities of the department are vital in ensuring the strategic lead of the turbine platforms, making sure that Vestas always has the right competitive product offering to stay ahead of competitors. The function supports the product strategy and local market success by taking into account the dynamics of the global market for wind power plant solutions. Responsibilities
In the Product Market Analysis function, you will be part of a team responsible for the management of two global product platforms. You transform deep technical insight into financial and commercial assessments. Critical for success is the continuous monitoring of the competitive landscape and the benchmarking against Vestas’ current and future products. This includes market deep-dives to identify ways of optimising Vestas’ product offerings, reflecting market, competitor and customer dynamics.
To be successful, a wide range of stakeholders across the value chain need to be managed, thus excellent collaborative, networking, and communicative skills will be required.
Main responsibilities are:
- Collect relevant technical information about competitors’ offerings from both internal and external sources
- Continuously monitor and analyse existing and new products from competitors, including impact on Vestas’ product road map
- Benchmark Vestas and competitor offerings on relevant competitive parameters
- Analyse and recommend targets for both the required performance and costs of the products in order to ensure competitiveness in the most important wind energy markets
- Report on the competiveness of Vestas products to relevant stakeholders, potentially including Executive Management.
- Master or Bachelor level degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. Alternatively, you may have worked on technical aspects for a number of years i.e. demonstrated ability to master technical aspects despite another educational background
- Preferably experience from the wind industry, being competitors, customers (incl. developers), sub-suppliers, etc., or experience from other industries in the market of investment heavy mechanical or electrical equipment in the B-2-B market
- Ability to understand technical information and turn it into analysis in a commercial/financial context
- Technical understanding and ability to communicate with engineers across Technology & Services.
What Vestas offers
- A pro-active, self-driven, and result oriented work style
- Highly analytical with a holistic approach and strong problem solving skills
- Curious by nature, motivated by acquiring new knowledge
- Able to build conclusions based on both hard facts and qualified assumptions
- A team player and excellent networker, who appreciates working with many stakeholders in a global organisation
- Motivated by turning technical knowledge about wind power plants into profitable offerings delivering value to customers
- Strong communication skills in English, both orally and written, is a must.
Vestas offers you a versatile job in a high performing and high paced team in a global environment. You will be part of a flat organisation, with an open and informal culture. Vestas is keen on developing both your professional and personal skills, and for the right candidate this position will be a unique platform for further professional development in a global organisation. Additional information
The position will be located at the Vestas office in Aarhus.
If the job is interesting to you, please apply as soon as possible through www.mercuriurval.dk (reference number: DK-02016
) and upload your application and CV in English. For further information about the position, please call Ole Bæk, Senior Management Consultant, Mercuri Urval, +45 4070 5743.