WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
The Vestas vision is to be the undisputed global wind leader. Since Vestas was established in 1979, it has been solely committed to harvesting the potential wind holds for our planet's energy supply, which has made it the market leader within wind with more than 76 GW installed to date. Vestas intends to continue down the path of 100% dedication to wind, and in order to fulfil its vision they want to have the strongest brand in the industry, best in class margins, to be the market leader measured by volume and bring wind on par with coal and gas.
Are you passionate about renewable power plants? Are you striving to be a part of a highly ambitious and dedicated team with the focus to secure a global market leader the right competitive product offerings to stay ahead in the market place? Do you have the ability to lead a small team on director level? Are you looking for a position with the possibility to influence Vestas’ future? Are you motivated by having a broad scope and a strong mandate, where you can combine technical and commercial insight and turn it into value for customers and Vestas? Then take a closer look at this unique opportunity as Head of Product Strategy, Power Plant Products. Power Plant Products at Vestas
Power Plant Products is a sub-department in the Product Strategy function, which is a part of Vestas Product Management. The main responsibility of Product Strategy is to have the strategic lead of the turbine and power plant road maps, making sure that Vestas always has the right competitive product offering to stay ahead of competitors. Product Strategy has a global reach into Vestas sales regions in order to align the product strategy globally and support local market success of its wind power plant solutions. The Product Strategy function was established earlier in 2016 and has a young and dedicated atmosphere coupled with good wind sector experience. Responsibilities
The Head of Power Plant Products reports to the Vice President, Product Strategy at Vestas Technology & Service Solutions. Your main responsibility is to head a small team taking the lead for the product strategy & road mapping of Vestas' Power Plant Products, cutting across plant control strategies, behaviour on the grid as well as electrical and communication infrastructure including SCADA and Cyber Security. The function will also establish and follow up on business cases for new products, and manage these over their life-cycle in alignment with the Technology & Service Solutions organisation, Sales, Technical Sales support teams and other key stakeholders across the value chain.
Main responsibilities are:
- Head a small team and be part of the management team in Product Strategy, Product Management
- Define and ensure buy-in on long-term ambitions and value propositions for future Power Plant Products, based on thorough analysis of market requirements and trends
- Build and continuously refine market driven roadmaps for the Power Plant Products area
- Initiate projects for the development of new products by e.g.a.o. establishing and following up on business cases
- Manage the products over the life-cycle in alignment with primarily Technical Sales, Sales, Service and the Technology & Service
- Solutions organization
What Vestas offers
- Master or Bachelor level degree within Electrical Engineering or similar, or from a business school/university
- Minimum 5 years of relevant international experience within Product Development, Engineering, B-2-B Product Management in the wind industry, or other relevant industries
- Experience in establishing and following up on business cases
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams to a good result in a matrix organization is preferred, but not a must
- Experience from the wind energy sector (e.g. OEMs, Utilities, Infrastructure, Development, etc.) is an advantage
- A team player and excellent networker, who appreciates working with many stakeholders in a global organisation
- Proactive and self-driven, with a strong focus on producing results
- Motivated by turning technical knowledge about wind power plants into profitable offerings delivering value to customers
- Strong analytical abilities
- Strong communication skills in English, both orally and written, is a must.
Vestas offers you a versatile job in a high performing and high paced team in a global environment. You will have great impact on the substance of the position and opportunities to work closely with senior executives in a very dynamic and exciting company and industry. You will have a great opportunity to develop your strategic and project management skills in a global environment. Vestas is keen on developing both your professional and personal skills, and for the right candidate this position will be a unique platform for further professional and leadership development in a global organisation. Additional information
The position will be located at the Vestas office in Aarhus.
If the job is interesting to you, please apply as soon as possible through www.mercuriurval.dk (reference number: DK-02015
) and upload your application and CV in English. For further information about the position, please call Ole Bæk, Senior Management Consultant, Mercuri Urval, +45 4070 5743.